Catholic Religious Emblems
- Tigers, Wolves, and Bears – Light of Christ
- Bears and Webelos – Parvuli Dei
- Boy Scouts (must be in 7th grade or higher) – Ad Altare Dei
- Eastern Right Catholic Boy Scouts – Light is Life
- Ventures (ages 14-20) – Pope Pius XII Award
For more information about Catholic Scouting Awards and Activities in this area, go the Catholic Committee on Scouting website at www.ccsala.org
For local questions, contact Chair Rosemary Zea Bauer (805) 967-2211 or Chaplain Deacon Wayne Rascati at (805) 452-7828.
POPE PIUS XII AWARD
This award is for high school age youth (male and female ages 14 to 20). The program has four full day sessions approximately one month apart with some homework in between. The program has three moderators and any where from six to twenty youth participants.
Dates and locations for 2016 are as follows:
- Session 1: Saturday, October 15, 2016 (8:30 am to 5:30 pm) at Our Lady of the Assumption Church in Ventura.
- Session 2. Saturday, November 19, 2016 (8:30 am to 5:30 pm) at St. Rose of Lima Church in Simi Valley.
- Session 3. Saturday. December 17, 2016 (8:30 am to 5:30 pm) at St. Raphael’s Church in Goleta.
- Session 4. Saturday, February 4, 2017 (8:30 am to 5:30 pm) at Our Lady of the Assumption Church in Ventura.
Lunch is provided at these four sessions.
NOTE: Attendance at all four Saturday Sessions is required to earn the Emblem!
In addition there will be an orientation session for both the youth and parent approximately two weeks prior to the first session. This will be 60 to 90 minute session in the evening.
There will be a Board of Review at St. Raphael’s Session during late February or early March for Los Padres Council participants.
Presentation of medals for the Ad Altare Dei and Pope Pius XII Emblems will be done at the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels in Los Angeles on Sunday, May 21 at a mid-afternoon Mass.
Cost for participation is $100, however the cost may be reduced as local Knights of Columbus Council 5300 contributes toward this cost for Los Padres Council participantsannually. There is a participant manual which is available for purchase at your local Scout Store..Provided that we can meet the Youth Protection Guidelines of both the BSA and the Catholic Church (means we have multiple youth from this area), car-pooling will be done to sessions in Ventura and Simi Valley.
For further information about the program, download a program flyer. Contact Deacon Wayne Rascati at firstname.lastname@example.org or 452-7828 if you have questions.